Sunday, March 25, 2012

Promoting Platform at Elementary School Visit!

On Friday, March 23rd I had the opportunity to visit an elementary school to promote my platform. I was thrilled when Amanda Williams (Miss Metro St. Louis) joined me to promote her platform also! Amanda talks about healthy eating!
I talked with first graders about my platform GRACE. My goal is to help counsel people of all ages and those hurt by unfair judgement and intolerance. GRACE means Give, Respect, Accept, Compassion, and Encourage. I engaged students in an interactive lesson aimed at increasing their awareness of how they view themelves and others. Using a mirror the kids look in it to see themselves and tell me what they see. I also read a book about expressing kindness, compassion and appreciation towards others, the kids became excited about encouraging their classmates with words of support and spirit-lifting gestures. I had a great time and look forward in visiting more schools and talking to others about not judging others.




No comments:

Post a Comment